- VSI5X Vertical Shaft Impact Crusher Hot!
- European Type Jaw Crusher Hot!
- Jaw Crusher
- European Type Impact Crusher
- Impact Crusher
- CS Series Cone Crusher Hot!
- Spring Cone Crusher
- VSI Sand Making Machine
- PCL Sand Making Machine
- Hydraulic Cone Crusher
- Hammer Crusher
» New Production Technics
- Stone Crushing & Screening Plants
- Sand Making & Washing Plants
- Grinding Production Line
- Basalt Aggregate for Express Highway Processing Technics Hot!
- Construction Waste Crushing Technics Hot!
- Manufactured Sand Processing Chart Hot!
» Screening & Washing
» Feeding & Conveying
» Grinding Plant
How does the hammer mill work
Hammer mills are durable utility grinders capable of grinding most dry, free-flowing materials. The hammer mill operates on the principle that most materials will grind or crush upon impact with the hammers. The material is fed into a hammer mill from the top and gravity falls into the grinding chamber. The material is contacted by a series of rotating hardened hammers. The material is ground by repeated contact with these hammers, contact with the walls of the grinding chamber, and particle to particle contact. The material remains in the grinding chamber until it is suitably sized to pass through the perforated screen that covers the bottom half of the grinding chamber. Hammer mill uses bar grates or metal screens to bar larger pieces of material from exiting the hammer mill chamber. Appropriately sized fragments are able to pass through the screen or grate.
The output volume of the hammer mill is determined by screen size, shaft speed (normally 3,600 rpm), and configuration of the hammers, which can be set up to suit your application. The hammer mill may be belt driven or direct driven to fit your specifications. Engineering staff is also available to assist in designing a hammer mill system to efficiently handle your product, whether you need a complete system or want to fit a new piece of equipment into your existing layout. We also offer conveying equipment and storage equipment (collectors and piping systems).
How to Work
- How does the hammer mill work
- Features and Advantages of Stone Production Line
- How to extend the service life of ball mill
- How does PCL sand making machine work?
- How to ensure the good performance of cone crusher